Now Available: Watch the webinar recording
Implementing Community Based Violence Intervention (CVI) Strategies is a 5-part webinar series which will deliver information on a wide range of issues important to successfully implementing CVI strategies. The webinar series will be hosted on the second Wednesday of each month from September 2022 to January 2023. Using the Bureau of Justice Assistance's CVI Checklist as a framework, the series will walk through the stages of planning and implementation of CVI strategies and take a deeper dive into several important issues.
This webinar will focus on how to communicate about the success and lessons learned from CVI work. Panelists will discuss the importance of meaningful performance metrics, evaluation, and being able to tell the story of the impact of CVI strategies.
- Nancy La Vigne, Director, National Institute of Justice
- Phillip W. Graham, Senior Center Director, RTI International
- Henrika McCoy, Ruby Lee Piester Centennial Fellow in Services to Children and Families/Associate Professor, Steve Hicks School of Social Work, The University of Texas at Austin
- Shani Buggs, Associate Professor, University of California Violence Prevention Research Program
- The Federal Funding Process: The First Steps to Applying, How to Prepare Now, and Other Considerations
- Responding to the FY 2023 Justice and Mental Health Collaboration Program (JMHCP) Solicitation
- Responding to the FY 2023 Connect and Protect: Law Enforcement Behavioral Health Responses Solicitation